Unit 60:大自然的愤怒 Mother Nature's Fury

作者:未知 来源:未知 2015-06-14

    Mother Nature's Fury

    大自然的愤怒

    Kathy and Evan remain in the small hut throughout the storm.

    凯西和艾凡在这场暴风雨中一直都待在小木屋里。

    K:I'm so scared I'm shaking. But, you know, Nature can be strangely beautiful, even when it's violent.

    凯西:我怕得在发抖。但是,你知道的,即使大自然狂怒时,它也可能呈现出怪异之美。

    E:I believe there's a reason for everything, Kathy. Do you?

    艾凡:凯西,我相信事出必有因。你认为呢?

    K:Yeah, I guess I do. Even when bad things happen, I guess they must happen for a reason. I don't understand why, but I have this trust or optimism in the future.

    凯西:是的,我想我有同感。即使坏事发生时,我想也一定有原因的。我不了解为什么,但是我对未来有这样的信念和乐观的想法。

    E:So do I. Another bolt of lightning.Get ready! That was a really close one. Immediately after Evan speaks, there is a deafening crash of thunder.

    艾凡:我也是。又一道闪电注意了!这次的雷电离我们很近哦。 就在艾凡讲完话后,震耳欲聋的雷声响起。

    K:Aah! Oh, did it hit us?

    凯西:啊!哦,它有没有打到我们?

    E:Just about. But remember, if it had, you wouldn't have been able to ask that question!

    艾凡:只差一点点。但是记着,如果它刚刚打到我们的话,你就不可能问这个问题了。

    K:Oh, Evan. You're always so calm and in control. How do you do it?

    凯西:哦,艾凡。你总是这么镇定,泰然自如。你是怎么办到的?

    E:Are you kidding? I'm shaking in my boots. But I have to stay calm so we both don't panic.

    艾凡:你在开玩笑?我怕得要死。但是我必须保持镇静,这样一来我们两个才不会惊慌失措。

    K:A typical man. But I love you anyway, uh, I mean, I really like you.

    凯西:典型的男人。但是我还是爱你,嗯,我的意思是,我真的很喜欢你。

    E:I really like you too, Kathy.

    艾凡:凯西,我也很喜欢你。

    1. fury 愤怒

    2. be scared害怕

    3. violent 狂暴的;粗暴的

    4. have trust in…对……有信心

    5. optimism 乐观(主义)

    optimistic 乐观的

    pressimistic 悲观的

    6. deafening 震耳欲聋的

    7. be in control 在控制中

    he out of control 失控

    8. be shaking in one's boots某人怕得要命

    boot 长靴

    9. typical 典型的

      栏目推荐