Unit 73:打电话给美国大使馆 Calling the American Embassy

作者:未知 来源:未知 2015-06-14

    Calling the American Embassy

    打电话给美国大使馆

    Kathy uses a local telephone to call the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. An embassy official answers the phone.

    凯西在斯德哥尔摩打了一通电话给当地的美国大使馆。一位大使馆官员接电话。

    E:U.S. Embassy in Stockholm. How may I help you?

    官员:美国驻斯德哥尔摩大使馆。有什么事需要我为你效劳的吗?

    K:Hello? My name is Kathy Mannings. I'm an American citizen. I think I've lost my passport.

    凯西:哈啰?我叫凯西?曼宁斯。我是美国公民。我想我的护照遗失了。

    E:That's a serious problem, young lady. Are you sure you've lost it?

    官员:小姐,这是一个很严重的问题。你确定你护照遗失了吗?

    K:I'm afraid so. If I have lost it, what can I do?

    凯西:恐怕是如此。如果我遗失护照,该怎么办呢?

    E:Please look very carefully for it. It will take a lot of paperwork and time to replace your passport.

    官员:麻烦你再仔细找找看。换护照需要很多书面作业,同时也要花许多时间。

    K:Believe me, we're looking high and low for it.

    凯西:相信我,我们现在正在四处寻找。

    E:If you can't find it, you'll have to come down to the embassy to the Passport Section.You'll have to fill out forms there and pay for a replacement.

    官员:如果找不到的话,你得到大使馆的护照科来。你得在那里填写表格和缴交护照换发费。

    K:I have your address, but I don't know your business hours.

    凯西:我有你们的地址,但是我不知道你们上班的时间。

    E:The Passport Section is open on weekdays from a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to noon.

    官员:护照部门的上班时间是星期一至星期五早上九点到下午五点,星期六则从早上九点到中午。

    K:Well, thanks a lot.

    凯西:嗯,非常谢谢你。

    E:You're welcome. And good luck!

    官员:不客气。也祝你好运!

    1.I am afraid so.恐怕是如此。

    2.paperwork 文书作业,文书工作

    3.replace 替代

    4.look high and low for… 到处寻找…

    5.fill out...填写…

      栏目推荐