Unit 75:失而复得 Lost and Found

作者:未知 来源:未知 2015-06-14

    Lost and Found

    失而复得

    Kathy and Evan go to the U.S. Embassy to apply for a new passport.

    凯西和艾凡到美国大使馆去申请新护照。

    K:I'm really sorry about this, Evan. What a pain I must be!

    凯西:艾凡,这件事我真的很抱歉。我一定是个败事有余的人!

    E:Don't worry about a thing, Kathy. This could happen to anyone.

    艾凡:凯西,一点也不用担心。这种事任何人都可能会发生。

    K:I'm really sorry, Evan.

    凯西:艾凡,我真的很抱歉。

    E:Oh, stop it! Come on, let's go in.Kathy and Evan enter the embassy and go to the Passport Section. Evan sits down, and Kathy goes to a window to talk to an embassy official.

    艾凡:哦,别说了!来吧,咱们进去吧。凯西和艾凡进入大使馆走到护照部门。艾凡坐了下来,而凯西走到一个窗口询问一名大使馆官员。

    K:Excuse me, sir?

    凯西:先生,打扰一下?

    O:Yes? How can I help you, miss?

    官员:嗯?小姐,有什么需要我帮忙的吗?

    K:I'm afraid I lost my passport. I need to apply for a new one.

    凯西:恐怕我遗失了我的护照。我需要申请一本新护照。

    O:Oh, that's too bad. It's really a lot of trouble. Well, here are the forms you'll need to fill out.

    官员:哦,真是太糟了。换护照可是很麻烦的。嗯,这些是你需要填写的表格。

    K:All these forms?

    凯西:这么多表格?

    O:I'm afraid so. Here's a pen to get started.

    官员:恐怕是的。这里有笔,开始写吧。

    K:That's OK. I have one in my coat pocket.She reaches into her pocket.) Huh? What's this? Oh, my God! It's my passport! I must have put it into my coat pocket when I left the bank after cashing a traveler's check the other day.

    凯西:不用了。我外套口袋里有一支笔。她把手伸到口袋。咦?这是什么?哦,我的天啊!是我的护照!前几天我去银行兑换一张旅行支票,一定是在离开银行时把它放进我外套口袋里的。

    O:Lucky you!

    官员:你真幸运!

    1. apply for…申请…

    2. What a pain I must be!

    3. pain 令人讨厌的人或事

    4. Don't worry about a thing.一点也不用担心。什么都不用担心。

      栏目推荐