Unit 79:购买艺术品 An Art Purchase

作者:未知 来源:未知 2015-06-14

    An Art Purchase

    购买艺术品

    Kathy and Evan visit a local art gallery near Kings New Square.

    凯西和艾凡参观了国王新广场附近的一家当地美术馆。

    E:I like these etchings, Kathy. Let's stop in here to take a look.

    艾凡:凯西,我喜欢这些蚀刻画。咱们进去看看吧。

    K:I don't know, Evan. This place looks pretty ritzy.

    凯西:艾凡,我不知道该不该进去 。这个地方看起来很豪华。

    E:Come on. We're just going to have a look. All galleries look ritzy, but sometimes you can find a good buy.

    艾凡:拜托。我们只是进去看看而已。所有的美术馆看起来都很豪华,但是有时候你可以买到很划算的东西。

    K:It's up to you.They enter and look around.

    凯西:由你决定。他们进去逛了起来。

    K:You're right, Evan. These etchings, paintings, and silkscreens are really nice. Too bad we can't afford anything.

    凯西:艾凡,你说得对。这些蚀刻画、水彩画和绢画真的很不错。只可惜我们买不起任何东西。

    E:I don't know about that. Look at this glass etching of the Little Mermaid.

    艾凡:我看不见得。看这件刻有小美人鱼的玻璃器皿。

    K:Ooh! That is pretty, Evan. It must have taken a lot of time to etch that. Very fine detail, and a good likeness, too. I don't dare ask how much it is.

    凯西:哦!艾凡,好漂亮哦,蚀刻这个图案一定花了不少时间。刻工精细又很逼真。我没有勇气问它要多少钱。

    E:38 euros.

    艾凡:三十八欧元。

    K:And that is...?

    凯西:那就等于……?

    E:About fifty bucks. To me, it's worth it.

    艾凡:五十元美金左右。对我来说,它值这个价钱。

    K:If you have enough, then go for it!

    凯西:如果你钱够的话,就去买吧!

    1.etching 蚀刻版画

    2.ritzy 豪华的

    3.a good buy 很划算的购买物

    bargain 交易&vi

    4.It's up to you.你决定。

    5.silkscreen 绢画

    6.fine detail (原指“细致的细节”)刻工精细,画工细腻

    7.likeness 相似

      栏目推荐